Titan’s Civil Disturbance Support: April 14, 2021
Local news outlets reported today that The Civilian Office of Police Accountability (COPA) will release the Adam Toledo deadly shooting video on Thursday.
As the City of Chicago, and surrounding areas prepare for potential civil unrest, Titan Security remains positioned to support our clients.
- Titan’s 24/7 Security Operations Center is active to take all calls at any time and can be reached at (312) 902-3400.
- Titan’s Director of Emergency Management Services, former OEMC, Certified Emergency Manager, and Vice-Chair of the BOMA/Chicago Preparedness Committee, is leading our communication efforts including gathering and providing information to our clients and team members.
- Titan’s Field Supervisors remain active in marked vehicles to respond to incidents and support onsite staff members.
- Titan’s Managers including Senior Leadership team members are active and will respond to sites to support staff and clients and transport team members, if necessary.
- Titan Electronics Service Technicians are active and available to service any electronic security equipment that may have been impacted by recent activity.
- Titan is working with our active CPD partners to provide Off-Duty Law Enforcement support.
Precautions to Take:
The Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) reminds private sector firms to ensure their street-facing cameras are in good working order and recording is enabled.
The OEMC Operation Center will be monitoring accordingly. However, because situations develop and change rapidly, additional attention to monitoring news media and other sources for rapidly developing events would be prudent.
Sign Up for Emergency Alert Program for Business
The City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) and Office of Emergency Management and Communication (OEMC) has created an emergency alert program specifically for Chicago’s businesses. Local business owners and managers should text “CHIBIZ” to 67283 or visit www.chicago.gov/chibizalerts to opt-in to receive targeted emergency alerts for the business community via CHIBIZ Emergency Alerts. Businesses that opt-in will also be directed to submit a few business-specific details so that BACP and OEMC can send targeted alerts to specific areas of the city as needed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding security coverage or Titan’s Civil Disturbance Support, please contact your Titan representative or the Titan office at (312) 902-3400. We will continue to communicate with you via email and at www.securechicago.com.
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something.” For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).